Lamar Pesticide Applicator Continuing Education Class March 2, 2017. Click the link below for more information.
Looking for information on obtaining or renewing your Private Pesticide Applicators Licenses? Click the link below for more information.
Prowers County Extension is your local CDA testing site.
Testing is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays .
The process is as follows:
You will be asked to visit two parts of the Metro Institute Online Testing website in order to complete the exam application and scheduling a test.
1. Complete the Exam Application
- The first part of the Metro Institute website provides information to CDA through an Online Exam Application. CDA will use the information collected here to verify your CDA Pesticide Applicator ID number if you have one or to create a Pesticide Applicator ID number for you if you are new to the pesticide applicator examination process.
- Metro Institute will send an e-mail to you with a user name and password for the exam application and a link to Scheduling part of the Metro Online Testing website. Please print or write down your user name and password because you will need it to proceed with the test scheduling process.
- CDA will send an e-mail to you confirming your CDA Applicator ID number, please write down your CDA Applicator ID number for future use.
2. Schedule your Online Test
- The second part of the Metro Institute website is where you will start the test scheduling process.
- You will be prompted to enter your name and password provided by Metro Institute.
- The website will ask for some optional employer related information in addition to your CDA user name and password, although you may be asked to provide additional information that may be missing. The information collected at this website is used to create a Metro account that allows you to schedule and pay for exams.
Please be aware that The CDA office is open Monday – Friday. Any applications and exam scheduling requests submitted during the weekend will be processed as soon as possible during the Monday – Friday work week.
3. Once you complete the exam application, exam scheduling / location and exam payment process
- You will receive verification e-mails from both Metro Institute and CDA for each exam you requested and paid for, as each exam must be approved separately by CDA.
You may schedule and take the exams in any order you wish. Please be aware that all applicators are required to pass the General Exam in addition to passing at least one category exam before CDA will issue the qualified supervisor / certified operator license.
Anyone can take the qualified supervisor exam, however, a qualified supervisor license will be issued only to individuals that have met the specific pesticide application experience requirements prior to issuing the license.
Examination results or scores are valid for one year from the date of the passed exam. Individuals that have passed the qualified supervisor exams and are not able to meet the experience requirements can obtain a certified operator’s license. There is no additional license fee when upgrading a certified operator license to a qualified supervisor license under these circumstances. Please call 303-869-9065 if you have any questions about the testing or licensing process.